Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to set up my logictech remote, it hasn't been

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my logictech remote, it hasn't been used for 3 or 4 years andI want to use it on my sanyo tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a DP48421model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The remote just quit 3 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I only need it for the TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Please elaborate - this is a new TV and you want to program the remote to the TV now? Or the remote was previously used for this TV? Is the TV functional otherwise- meaning if you press the manual power button on the set it will come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not a new TV but everything works except for the remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

So is it the original sanyo remote that stopped working, so you want to program the logitech in its place?

Is the tv still responsive to its own onboard (power, volume, menu, input, etc) buttons?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything works ,the volume and on /off channel change but not the remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Right, but that is the onboard buttons, correct? I am asking you to confirm that the SANYO remote is not working at this point.

Which model logitech remote do you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the 650 model and the buttons work on the TV and only the original remote doesn't work
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks but no thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, you may be seeing an automated ad for a call or remote support, which is optional and may be ignored if not wanted.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

What you'll need to do is go here: https://setup.myharmony.com/?utm_source=support.myharmony.com&utm_medium=support%20article%20-%20s-r-8010&utm_campaign=download%20-%20desktop%20software&_ga=1.224312731.1890302937.1477435818#600-series

(click the above link)

On that page, download the software,

plug your remote into the computer via the usb cable,

you'll then enter the make/model of the tv (and any other device you wish to control) into the logitech software, following the prompts on screen

it will load the programming onto the remote,

disconnect

then test the remote and it should control the tv functions.

If you get stuck or need help with the programming, I can try to guide you through it here, or I can do it for you remotely if needed.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.