Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Pioneer pdp6010 remote sensor is not working. Are parts

Customer Question

My Pioneer pdp6010 remote sensor is not working. Are parts available and can it be replaced at home by me? The tv is wall mounted and I am not wanting to remove it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased in October 2007. Model is PDP-6010FD
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The original remote will not turn the tv off or on. Have to do that manually. I was trying to access the display menu and the remote will not work. Changed batteries but same results.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I turn the tv on and off manually everyday. Video source is via direct tv and a blue ray unit. thanks, Steve
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

How did you determine the remote sensor was defective anyway ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Need help with this ?