Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

LG smart TV LH570T. very poor performance when streaming

Customer Question

LG smart TV LH570T. very poor performance when streaming over the internet - drops/stops picture, stops downloading freezing picture, very slow loading time. It is NOT a internet conectivity problem as I have a fiber conection that runs stable at 85MPS. It is not a placing issue as TV is less that four meters away from modem and ALL othet equipment (computers/tablets/phones ect are running very we
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: This is a new TV (brought three months ago from harvey norman) but we have had the fibre connection for the last month (previously I thought it might be the copper wire connection and we therfore changed to fibre) but it has not made a difference. Is this a possible software/problem to this model?? as we where told that this tv was the last in sliced bread
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no other inputs work fine (when loading from USB it is a bit slow) it is only with netflis/utube etc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it has been a issue from the beginning, but originally thought it was the internet speed. I am now running out of things to try and I am thinking this model might be a duck??
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Did you do the network setup on the TV yourself?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Lets try one thing that might help. Unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 5 minjtes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and run network setup again to make fresh connection with router and check if it helps to get better internet speed for video streaming?

If it doesn't fix the the issue then I'm afraid it would be either wifi board or main processor chip on main board of TV problem which isn't capable to process the internet data properly and causing the lag. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I would recommend different model/ brand as replacement to resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.