Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

E550i-b2 is this model wort fixing- it does not turn on, it

Customer Question

e550i-b2 is this model wort fixing- it does not turn on, it might be the power board
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: vizio model E550i-b2, it just did not start, 2 days ago, we called the help number, and e were told that it is a destroyed power board
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing on the tv works or can be turned on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this is the only time it has happened, where it will not turn on, if anything it took a few seconds to turn on recently.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it worth it to get it repaired or is it better to get a brand new one, same model
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

The parts are not expensive for this model and if you replace them yourself then it is definitely worth it

Is that what you had in mind , repairing this yourself ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I see that you came around to take a look this morning so I will show what will repair this tv and hope you will do the right thing and rate me positively after reading .

This a kit that for $80 includes ALL the boards in your tv so you can`t go wrong whether it is the main or power board at fault .

Here is that link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-e550i-b2-lwz2ppaq-complete-tv-repair-kit-version-1.htm

Double check that your TV's serial number start with either LWZ2PPAQ or LWZ2PPAP letters which it should be anyway or by phone if other and these guys will match the correct parts .

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you