Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I have a Denon AVR 1613 home theater receiver. I recently

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR 1613 home theater receiver. I recently subscribed to streaming Netfilx
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about four years old. I am trying to connect the audio out from my very new 4K television so as to take advantage of multi-channel sound from a source which originates from the television rather from a cable source which feeds. first, through the receiver. I have tried using an optical cable and an HDMI but can't seem to find the setting which allows the audio signal from the TV to play through the receiver. Any suggestions?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: See previous message
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is this only an issue with Netflix? Also is it an audio issue only?

Please explain so I can help.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right now, all signals (cable, DVD and BluRay) are fed into the receiver which then feed to the TV. The streaming Netflix comes directly into the TV, bypassing the receiver. So I need to figure out how to get the multi-channel sound from the TV into the receiver. I have tried the "audio out" from the TV to the "audio in" on the receiver - using a digital optical cable - but can't get the receiver to produce the sound.

Hi thanks for all that info. With Netflix you need to use the HDMI connection for audio. not the optic cable. For some reason that never works

Once you have the audio working on your TV from the Netflix app, you should be able to use the RCA jacks on the TV to the RCA INPUTS on your Receiver. Then you may need to go through your menus,on the TV to make sure audio is turned ON for the EXT jacks. Next, make sure you are selected from your Receiver to port the sound to your speakers through the receiver.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.
Please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a great day!
Sincerely
Tech Michael