Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a BenQ w1070 projector. It will not come on. I have 2

Customer Question

I have a BenQ w1070 projector. It will not come on. I have 2 hdmi inputs and no picture for either. Here is the curious part - my cable box I unplugged to reboot. The projector showed the reboot diagnostic screens but when it was time for the tv picture to appear I got only a blue screen.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Did you get my question?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Am I talking with someone live?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Were the reboot diagnostic screens that showed on the TV, diagnostics for the BenQ, or for the TV ?

What HDMI ports on the TV have you hooked the HDMI Inputs up to, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, everything was working grear yesterday. I have a cable box on HDMI 2 that has been there for years. I have a Amazon Fire TV stick in HDMI 1 that has been there only a couple of days. I can ask the remote to generate a test pattern and it does that without problem.

Make sure the TV settings have not changed. (A TV is involved, isn't it? please explain that part of the setup a bit more.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It appears your system wants to call me. Please call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a projector. A BenQ w1070

Earlier you said, " The projector showed the reboot diagnostic screens but when it was time for the tv picture to appear I got only a blue screen. "

so that's why I have to ask, how is the TV involved, or hooked up, etc. ? or is it a 'TV program' rather than a physical TV, you are speaking of?