Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LG TV 2 years old and the picture went out during a show.

Customer Question

LG TV 2 years old and the picture went out during a show. Sound works but the screen just flashes quickly when turned on than nothing
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: First time it has happened, unplugged it for about an hour and still no picture
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu does not work have not tried any other sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened yesterday for the first time while watching a movie, picture has not been back since
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Would it be possible to get me the model number please found on the back of the set OR theowners manual if you have it?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model 47ln5400
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
47LN5400

Yes this model tends to suffer from backlight problems, unfortunately this tends to be the backlights themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY <<click

It can be fixed but its awkward

I am sorry its nothing easier, outside of this the powerboard that supplies the LED s could be bad and replacing may cure most of the time with this model its backlight issues

If you need more help let me know

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

If you want to do this work yourself then you should be able to get the backlights from www.shopjimmy.com

Once again I am sorry I do not have better news over this

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info. I'm good with the assessment at this point.

If that is the case could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you the site will then release credit to me thanks again

If you need anything else let me know

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Question is still open awaiting rating do you need any more help please?

Anthony