Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Vizio TV(E420VL) no sound and Vizio remote does not work,

Customer Question

Vizio TV(E420VL) no sound and Vizio remote does not work, vol buttons on side of TV do not help with sound Comcast cable tv remote - no sound we do have a picture however
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Vizio E420VL and is about 4 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu does not allow me to open sound and help but all others yes I can access but not from the remote just the buttons on the side of the TV
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: remote stopped working for volume
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We were until today able to increase sound using buttons on side of tv
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Are you saying the comcast remote operates the volume but no sound is produced ?

Did the tv`s own remote quit at the same time as the sound ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I can tell you are coming around to look the website shows it and perhaps there is a problem in replying so here is a phone offer if you haven't got one already