Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I would like to use the sling app on my vizio smart tv. is

Customer Question

I would like to use the sling app on my vizio smart tv. is that possible?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i have two of them, one was purchased in the summer 2015 and the other winter of 2012.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv menu does work and more than a few apps are options, but not sling
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just decided I wanted to add sling. I have been able to use other apps that are available without a problem.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Vizio does not support Sling and there is also not a way to add the Sing app to the TV. Below are the supported devices that wok with the Sling app:

https://www.sling.com/devices

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

That said you would either need an Apple TV box, Roku box, Amazon Firestick, Chromeecast, or one of the other devices shown to connect to the Vizio's HDMI port to then display the content on the Vizio.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.