Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I am struggling to get the TV to display anything. We have

Customer Question

I am struggling to get the TV to display anything. We have tried to re-set the TRAP switch instructions, but cannot get anything to display when following the TRAP reset instructions
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The TV just says Pioneer. But the Receiver states "PDP-R04U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: maybe PDP-S12-LR That is on the speaker portion
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The tv is several years old. The issue just began a few days ago when trying to Power On. I did re-organize the area, so had to unplug power, the DVI connections.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was able to get to a point to where I have both the green LED & red LED status lights on at the same time, where before it would only allow the Red Standby light
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Please reboot the TV and any media player you may have with the unit by unplugging both from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if there is any change thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've attempted powering off and powering on, but I did just humor this procedure again..just incase
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am at a point to where I have the back panel off the back of tv and looking at the boards.
I attmepted changing switch for Video Assembly and following the procedures to reset the TRAP. However, I've never been able to get in the mode where a display comes on
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
why am I being referred to antoher techncian after one basic attempt of troubleshooting?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this not a legit website for assistance