Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Case no 13728257 when I talk to vizio yesterday they told me

Customer Question

case no 13728257 when I talk to vizio yesterday they told me I'm supost to get two e mails from you got the first one did not get the 2nd one . to fill out the paper work thanks.louie
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: got it from sams 8/28/16 model no e43/c2
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: when I bring the tv up it says store demo or home use now dish people tells me I need the remote that comes with the tv .I can get the tv up by pushing the button on the back
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: all I need is the remote and you need to send me a form to fill out I have the recept they just don't put the remote in the box sams said they could not do any thing about it
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. First, we are not Vizio - this is Just Answer which is a pay for support service. That said the Vizio remote will ALWAYS be in the top piece of styrofoam that is in the box with the box standing upright. It's held in place with a piece of tape and in a clear bag with a pair of Duracell batteries included. In order to take the TV out of Demo mode (and put it into Home Mode) you INDEED do need this remote. If you do not have it, it's unlikely that Vizio will send you one since all of the packing is automated and the remote is included with every TV (at least in my 10 years in the field I've only ever seen people accidentally throw the remote away with the packing but never seen a TV box not include the remote). So what you will need to do in this case is purchase the remote for your set which is at the link below:

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/10259010/FOX/600156T00-886-G/REMOTE_CONTROLLER,IR,NEC,940NM?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnKzABRDy2pb7nPSazdsBEiQAI4lZQB9BMk5kqYypc2wnerYWc4WAsXMBiAZDYAI4IcBQBx8aAjqT8P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Using that remote, you go into MENU, scroll down to Setup, and then scroll down to RESET. Once you reset the TV shuts down, powers back up, then you will be prompted on the screen as to whether or not you want the set put into "Demo mode/Home Mode" and you will simply use the Arrow to scroll RIGHT to Home Mode and then press OK. Then you will follow the rest of the setup instructions on the screen to get the TV in operation.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.