Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 10-yr-old GV47L FHDTV10A. An area in the lower

Customer Question

I have a 10-yr-old GV47L FHDTV10A. An area in the lower right corner of the screen - about 1/16th of the total picture area - is "snow." Is this an easily fixable problem or is the TV dead or dying?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Does this happen on all inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, games, apps, etc)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have Timewarner cable and all channels are affected. Since the TV is an older model with only one HDMI input, and I have to manually swap input cables to watch any DVDs, we use a 2nd newer TV to watch any DVDs. If it would help the diagnostic process, I can manually connect the DVD player to this TV tomorrow and see if the snow is still there when playing a DVD.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

It would help if you could, yes.
Alternately, you could try to bring up the vizio menu screens, we can see if those are affected.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
O. K. I'll try those things tomorrow.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results when you have a chance.

In the meantime, it would help to unplug your cable box for awhile (at least a few minutes, even overnight is fine though) from power and test the results of that as well.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.