Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our TV just turned itself off, When the power button is

Customer Question

Our TV just turned itself off, When the power button is pushed on one light comes on for a moment and the fades off
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: NO, but I will. Any other things to try?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: All other TVs are fine. The TV shows us nothing
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started about 2 hours ago, watching a recorded show, put on pause and it just
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: went black
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The Vizio guy suggested pulling the plug and leaving it off a few hours - I haven't done that yet/ getting model no. Now
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

That is a simplistic measure that has no value

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Am trying the unplug first- will call if fail - thanks!!
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

A reset can be done in less than 30 secs ans can be useful if you have a frozen system but other than that totally useless

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will try unplugging first
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If that doesn`t do it then you have a defective tv and again i dobt very this will do anything in this case , YOU DO have a defective tv

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You were talking to a computer at first and i did ask to have that uselesss procedure taken off its repertoire

Good luck