Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have vizio 120HZ Our color needs adjustment. Everything

Customer Question

We have vizio 120HZ Our color needs adjustment. Everything is in green and red
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes TV ws moved to put in new carpeting. When re hooked up color became problem
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1day
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No picture is good other than color
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

By the way , DO NOT touch the color adjustments

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
E472VL
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Thanks and what type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you have color coded cables then check all the plugs by pulling them out and back in one at a time and pay special attention to the BLUE plug connected in the Pb jack

Do this on both the tv and cable box , right now you either have a loose or broken cable

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no idea on the type of cables. There is a black cable that has smaller 5 colorcoded wires at the end attached to tv
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

O.k then that is exactly what i was talking about , pulll the plugs out and back in one at a time

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am away from the TV so it will take a few minutes After removing cables what then
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What then ??

If the cable is not broken you will have your normal color back and If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is not change in color. Hopefully all cables were place in the correct spot. The blue cable was loose. I assume is goes in the space next to the other colors. I restarted the TV however, color was no different
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello are you there
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Check that blue cable again and a both ends , it is the culprit and may need to be replaced if it is pushed in all the way and makes no difference

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

YES i need time to type PLEASE

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If that cable is defective then I would suggest buying yourself a HDMI cable to replace it , your tv has 3 hdmi inputs and if your cable box also has a hdmi port at the back then you would get a much better picture

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

And that blue cable goes in the BLUE PB jack

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please hold while I check it out again
now I am getting a buzz . Are the wire color coded to the connections on back of TV I see the holes have some color
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Yes that is how they are ID , with the colors of the terminals , you cannot just plugged them anywhere

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
perhaps when the carpet installers replaced the tv the wire connections were improperly replaced
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

More than likely , charge him for this session :)

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you need a picture click the link below ;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Still need help with this or any questions ?

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I received no solution to problem
I did not finish discussion when I was cut off
I cannot rate or respond to Jack as communication was ended
I feel this was a scam and request a refund
And I was given no receipt of charges or the multiple rates I was charge
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Not sure what you are talking about , I was here the whole time and even could see you looking at my replies !

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why then no response
I cannot even see how to rate service
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I gave you response as soo as you needed it ????!!!!!!

Sir/Mam I have no idea what you are saying , I was there the whole time

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Werent you fiddling on that tv ??

I was in standby he whole time

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

The rating is done at the top of yur page with the stars but if its going to be negative then please don't bother .

At least if I don't get paid I wont be penalized for trying to help you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jack I want you to get paid even tho I have not gotten a solution to the problem. This service you work for is lousy Get another job I will not give you a negative but I am not pleased
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I told you that you could have a bad cable and a HDMI replacement would be the solution

If you cable got jerked and cut or even worse the jack on the tv broken then there isn`t much I can do from here now can I

I even suggested the blue plug at first and you said it was loose , this means I was correct the whole time

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Now I`m opting out , do as you please with the rating

Goodbye

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am unable to enter rating
Please send rating link