Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sony KDL55EX640 was working great one minute then the

Customer Question

Sony KDL55EX640 was working great one minute then the picture went out still had audio at that time but after Trouble shooting it according to the Sony manual the audio went out too and now wont come on has a flashing red light on the bottom and supposedly that is an error code it flashes 6 times but can't find what the 6 flashes mean what error code is that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-How long have you had the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

How long have you had the tv?

Describe your level of experience with electronics?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Please refrain from opening new questions... use the REPLY option:

How long have you had the tv?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Aprox.3 to 4 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

thanks... typing your answer now, please stand by.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just a little above basic not really a lot.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

thanks... working on it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did unplug it about 10 to 15 minutes ago in case it was overheating
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know....

Unfortunately the tv has an internal failure that will require parts and service. In this case either the power/inverter board or the LED back lights are defective.

At this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but DIY diagnosis is going to be complex (requires using a DMM). If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code. Being a 55 inch tv, it is worth repairing.

Please use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will wait for my son to do that he works on aircraft carrier computers and also teaches it in Norfolk VA on base and is coming down soon.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Great.

Please don't forget to show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for helping you today.

Thanks