Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Picture went black sound still works led tv series 6 6002

Customer Question

Picture went black sound still works led tv series 6 6002 6003
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Please stop opening duplicate posts , you wont get an answer there .

I asked you about the model number so you are the one that is not answering , i cannot tell you anything without a minimum of infpo , harry potter doesn`t work here

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Here is your answer with the info I have now , you got a defective LED driver board , bad panel (internal led`s) or bad t-con

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Now if you can answer these 3 questions you will have a much better answer ;

1. Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

2.Does the screen come on briefly when you firs turn on the tv ?

3. What is the full model number found on the TV's back cover ?

( not the serie)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Has some background light
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Can you see the tv`s own menu ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Has some background light. no can't get tv menu
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then this is not so bad although you still have a broken tv , this wont be a reset job I`m afraid but its much better than expected , right now you are looking at a defective t-con board .

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you are into repairing this yourself then I will need the exact model number other wise you could expect this to ost some $200 done by a shop at home

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you