Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My old Samsung tv is making a loud buzzing. Even when it's

Customer Question

My old Samsung tv is making a loud buzzing. Even when it's on mute.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No. Ill try tonight.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. The sound is just always buzzing.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About a month. It just started one day when I turned it on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Please ignore the reply about unplugging it - that was a computer you were talking with. I'm the actual tech helping you.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

That buzzing can be caused by a few things (bad grounding from the cable feed/cable box are the most common however). I would need some more specifics in order to determine what's causing this:

1) Roughly how old is the set please (under or over a year form the date of purchase)?

2) Does that buzzing change with the volume level (raises or lowers with TV volume control)?

3) Does it occur with ALL sources connected to the TV (Cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

4) Is it actually coming fro the speakers, or from the inside of the TV itself?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.