Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Pearl. I have an Insignia Roku TV. Love it. However, I have

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. I have an Insignia Roku TV. Love it. However, I have gone down to the most basic cable my carrier provides. As you probably know. The ROKU remote can not change channels. So what universal remote do I need to buy? The cable now goes directly into my TV from the wall. I hope I have explained this clearly enough.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 6 months.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: With the ROKU remote everything works, yes. However the Universal Remote I bought is a cheapy and while I can move up and down channels, I cannot just put in the channel number and have it take me to that station.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Mediacom is my cable carrier. I had an expanded basic cable package and a DVR box. Since I have gone all the way down to the most basic cable package I no longer have the DVR box or the remote control that Mediacom provides. So now I have bought this remote and can't do anything with it except go up and down channels.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have it right now. Thanks but I'm going to try another route. Do I get my deposit back?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Your question stays open, you can get back to me when you have the model number available.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want to do that. So now what?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello? The website stated my deposit was fully refundable. I want my deposit back.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I'm an independent tech here on my own personal time trying to help. If you wish to cancel you may do that from the help page, or you can return here when you have the information to continue.

Thank you