Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 50 inch flat screen tv was working fine, but picture

Customer Question

My 50 inch flat screen tv was working fine, but picture started to appear less bright. Next time I attempted to turn tv on, it would not power up. I have tried two remotes, confirmed power cord had power to tv. It's as if tv power supply is faulty.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung 50 inch flat screen HD; approx two years.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No power, no picture - don't believe tv is getting power internally.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had a little darkness in picture last time I was shutting down. Next time I went to watch, no power, no picture.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.