Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Idk it won't stay on I get the red light and no blue light,

Customer Question

Idk it won't stay on I get the red light and no blue light
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model number f46k20e 2012
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes complete power loss
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happens this morning
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its a hisense
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. When the red light stays stuck ON (in standby) and will not change to Blue, this indicates in most cases the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to get any response from the set at all after those steps?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any ideas would help
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I just posted some steps to try, and didn't get any response from you. Did you try them yet, yes or no please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply. Can you tell me if you've tried those steps yet please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you're still having the same problem, then this indicates the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. The only other thing on a user level you can try is to leave the set unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes this resets the processor and allows the set's ON command to engage. Beyond that the Mainboard (the processor) needs to be replaced in the set.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If this is something you're looking to repair yourself, the Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisense-F46K20E-Main-Board-159323-E120425-RSAG7-820-4579-ROH-/152039010175?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge close to $200 parts and labor for this repair (which is on the verge of "not cost effective" since the TV can be replaced for just over that price). However if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.