Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Panasonic Viera (which is now several years old) has

Customer Question

Hi! My Panasonic Viera (which is now several years old) has sound, but the screen is not working. It turns on, but I have no picture. No response from my cable connection, DVD player, or remote
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It's a Panasonic Viera. Model number TH-42PX75U. I haven't had a problem with it before, until it started acting up about 3 weeks ago
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu does not work. Yes, I have the same problem with all inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Almost a month now. It was working normally before. The screen will come on every now and then, but doesn't stay on for very long. There are no blinking lights or flashing of the screen before it goes black, it just goes black or won't cut on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am, not that I can think of!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

- Does screen show any glow when picture disappear?