Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a sanyo and the screen went black. i have sound and

Customer Question

i have a sanyo and the screen went black. i have sound and can see the video with a flashlightlight
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 4 years old model FVF5044
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES STAYS BLACK
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: all day today when we tried to turn on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Back-light is out

Can you please re-check that model number best done by looking on the back of the set OR the owners manual please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The tag on the back say the following
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent a pic

Sorry my fault....

OK the backlights are out now that can be power-board issues (the LEDS for the backlights are fed from the powerboard) or if you are unlucky the LEDs themselves can go bad, there are a couple of voltage checks to make (plus and minus supply to backlights) then a decision made on what the issue is board or backlights, if its backlights there are some outfits that can do this but its expensive as its an awkward job to do.

You have to decide yourself if you think you can make checks yourself or consider this not comfortable?

If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Sorry its nothing easier here if you need more help let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need anymore help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, you didn't answer my question, this is not a very good service

Not sure at all what you are referring to?you asked question my reply in a nutshell is>> the backlights are out and the remedies needed for that?there is no other answer that is it, it can't be answered any other way

I probably didnt give the answer you want to hear more likely but I have to give a correct answer and that is it

I see you are now not viewing my replies so that says something in itself, have a good day anyhow

Anhony