Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I TRIED TURNING OFF THE POWER FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND TURN

Customer Question

I TRIED TURNING OFF THE POWER FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND TURN IT BACK ON BUT ALL I HEAR IS TALKING. LAST NIGH I DID IT AGAIN FOR A WHILE AND THEN IT CAME ON BUT ONCE I TURN IT OFF I RUN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY KEEP TRYING BY TURNING IT OFF AND ON AND AGAIN SOMETINE NO LUCK.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model # 60eq10u and it is 1yr old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: two to three months after I brought it and it just keep getting worst
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can I fix it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a blue ray DVD/CD PLAYER connected
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

How the TV gets channels, through cable box or antenna and do you get same problem regardless of what video input source is being watched?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Do you need assistance with this TV question?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I set it tv and I have a digital antenna in my addict that I have hook behind the tv. I have not Wi-Fi not cable. I just use the antenna. I have a blue ray dvd and once the tv not coming on it will not show a movie but the light will come on once I turn the dvd on. Yes I need assistance with it but I am not close to it I am at work now.What do you think I will have to do to get it working for my self?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info.

There are two possible causes for this trouble in TV, either TV firmware need to be updated OR main board of TV is failing.

I would recommend to update TV firmware by going to following Sharp link and follow the instructions mentioned there to update TV firmware/ internal software..

http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/ProductDetail.aspx?model=LC-60EQ10U

If it doesn't fix the issue and if TV is out of warranty then you would need to replace main board of TV which is available at following board supplier, if TV is under warranty then need to call the number written on warranty card to get free of cost repair..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-dkeymg381fm01-main-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.