Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Toshiba Regza 32HL67 television made in October

Hello, I have a Toshiba Regza 32HL67 television made in October 2007. When I turn the tv on, there is no picture but there is sound. It looks like there are backlights that are on in the back of the television. The TV screen does have a glow to it when it is turned on, but no picture and if I put a flashlight to the screen I don't see a picture, either. thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Toshiba Regza 32HL67. Made in October 2007
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I think so. I have tried plugging in the input cord to the other ports (HDMI ports I think?) and the same problem still exists. I've tried to cycle through all the inputs (as best i can since I can't see the screen) and the problem of no picture is the same
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Several days ago it happened. I think it just went blank. I didn't perceive a problem before it happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so. thanks

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check if menu or picture appears?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think that I did try that, and I don't think that made a change

OK, TV stays On with sound through internal speakers but no picture on screen that has glow/ backlight inside, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's right

Thanks for the info.

It seems T-Con board isn't working for some reason as this board gets video signals from main board of TV where all video inputs are located and sends that signal to internal circuitry of screen/ display panel.

T-con board would be located at top center of rear of display panel/ screen under metal shield and swapping this board is only option to see if it fix the problem or display panel internal circuitry has failed. Please check following board supplier link to get identical t-con board if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=32HL67

Since TV is an old model and small size so it doesn't worth to take it in repair shop as its repair may cost more than new TV of same size. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks, much. In your estimation, what might be the total cost of a repair for the t-con board if I took it to a repair shop.

That kind of repair may cost around $150 plus and a new 32 inch LCD TV is available less than that amount.

Thanks.