Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

HOWDY: i HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY tv SET...i CAN'T GET SIGNALS

HOWDY: i HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY tv SET...i CAN'T GET SIGNALS ON MY SET. i MISPLACED MY REMOTE YESTERDAY, SO i WAS USING THE REMOTE THAT CAME WITH THE SET WHEN IT WAS NEW. i COULD ONLY GET CH. 7 YESTERDAY. i FOUND THE xFINITY REMOTE AND TRIED TO USE IT TO GET CHANNELS ON MYN CABLE, BUT MY CABLE DOES NOT BRING IN ANY CABLE CHANNELS. HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- What video input of TV is connected to cable box and what type of cord is used for it?

It seems TV has set on wrong input that is why not getting cable box video signals.

Please find Input or Source button on your TV remote (not the cable remote) and press it to get input source list on TV screen, select correct video input in that source list that should get you cable box channel picture, then you can use cable remote to change channels. Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hELLO...MY WIFE SAYS WE MUST LEAVE now!!!! i'LL HAVE TO START OVER WHEN WE GET BACK ... IN ABT 60 OR 70 MINUTES. i'LL CALL YOUM BAKC...WHAT IS YR #. aLLAN

OK, try the suggestion mentioned in previous reply when get time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Phone call assistance would cost you additional $26, please confirm if you wish to proceed with it or prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Also, have you tried the suggestion I gave in previous reply?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK...My TV remote does NOT have any button on it that SAYS source or whatever. I pushed the INPUT button,LIST,MENU,MTS, and CC buttons all did not show any type of source list.

This is odd, do yu see Input button on control buttons located on TV itself?