Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I set my purse down and it grazed the tv remote...now I have

Customer Question

I set my purse down and it grazed the tv remote...now I have the salt and pepper snowy screen going on and I have no idea how to correct it.. I have tried everything I can think of...I should add that I am away on training and living in a residence...I am not at all familiar with this tv...can you help?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It says Hinsense...it is a flat screen small desk top size tv...the remote says hisense EN- 21668A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: There looks to be a little cable box on the desk beside it...it says Huawei on it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I can turn it off and on...if I hit source it gives me all the input options...I have no idea what happened...it was working perfectly fine until a button got pushed when I set my purse on it
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is now more black with white diagonal lines instead of the snowy salt and pepper...I think I just need to tune the channels again somehow
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Please find Input or Source button on TV remote, push it to get input source list on TV screen, select HDMI-1 input (need to use up/down arrow buttons on remote) and check if TV shows picture?

If still no picture, try HDMI-2 input in that list or try AV or Component video input as one should bring picture back in TV. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has an HDMI input...I'll hit source and select HDMI and let you know what happens...there is no HDMI 2
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I pushed HDMI and the screen is blue and it says no signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, is the cable box power On?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Component says no signal as well...screen is completely blue...will try AV now
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Sure, take your time.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
AV says no signal as well
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, is the cable box power On?

Also, can you check what type of cable runs from cable box to TV and what is the label of port where that cable plugs in at back of TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The little box on the desk beside the TV says Huawei on it...the green power light is on so I guess its working
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Yes, its power is ON.

- Can you check what type of cable runs from cable box to TV and what is the label of port where that cable plugs in at back of TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ANT 75 on tv connected to box labelled to tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, please press #3 or #4 on TV remote, does TV show picture now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the cords and where they are plugged in because the tv was working perfectly fine until I accidentally hit the remote
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Maybe somehow I need to tune the channels?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

I understand, accidentally hit the remote actually changed the TV input or channel that resulted static screen.

Can you please press #3 or #4 on TV remote, does TV show picture now?

If still no picture then reboot cable box and run channel tuning in TV menu.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3 or 4 is doing nothing on the AV input....it still says no signal with a blue screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

My bad, please select TV as source by pressing Source button on TV remote then try #3 or #4.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It worked...channel 3 on tv input fixed it...thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But now...I hit channel up and channels other than 3 are still fuzzy!
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Excellent, glad to know it worked and problem is resolved.

Please press #3 again to get picture on TV and use cable box remote to change channels as TV remote will not be used to change the channels. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only channel 3 is working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got it! thanks!
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

There would be another remote for Huawei box, you would need to use it for channel change. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.