Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Wont turn on. blinking light. 40rv525u toshiba, doest not

wont turn on. blinking green light.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: 40rv525u toshiba
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: doest not come on. i opened it ip the standy 5v goes on and off when mainboard is plugged in when mainboard is disconnected the 5v stays on in the ps
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it just stopped last week. worked fine before
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will this cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok lets do it

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Is the light blinking and pausing like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
it looks steady blink no pauses. i can double check.

Yes please do that

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
comes on for one second, stays off for two seconds. the cycle continues. i counted to 15 and it never stops or pauses.

You have the 5vdc steady disconnected from mainboard, all capacitors look good on powerboard?

What I mean is leave the plug off to the mainboard measure 5vdc should be steady

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
steady 5vdc when mainboard disconnected. all caps look good. I borrowed an esr meter. and tested them on board. all seemed fine. I do hear a high pitched noise too. it gets louder with mainboard plugged in. but faint without it plugged in.

If that is the case then you will need to replace the mainboard get the partnumber found on it and initially try, if they do not have it google the partnumber, for suppliers

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
anyway to repair the mainboard?

I the noise coming from the powerboard or inverter area?

The inverteres run down the sides of the set

No way to repair mainboard no its a data board impossible to fix without very expensive gear

However a replacement board should be around $50

The only anamoly here is this noise you need to try and find out where its coming from

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
the noise is coming from the power supply. there is a transformer where i hear the noise. it goes up and down. almost clicking like when it shuts down and on again.

95% of flat panel tv repair is board changing

Seems odd that, I am not sure now if the 5vdc is being affected on load

Does everything "feel" cold or is anything very hot on PS?

Is it a squealing noise?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
generally i dont feel or smell anything hot. should i touch them?

Yes disconnect from wallpower feel that heatsink with all regs on the left near the caps

The silver heatsink is it very warm shortly after you switch off

Hang on I will check prices of boards

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
everything is cool. not even warm. its a slight squealing noise. not too loud. reminds me of a bad capacitor. my online research told me a lot people hear the high pitched noise even when its functioning. so maybe nothing to worry about? ill order the mainboard and go from there?

OK I just checked the prices and they are expensive! $127 for main phew

Yes I would swap main its very likely to be the problem, however maybe you should have a good look around for cheaper board

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
ok. so how much will this cost me?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
the just answer session cost.

I am not privvy to billing

The way I see it you have paid $28

I do not receive anything from the site until you rate the info positively