Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

SAMSUNG TV POWERS ON AND OFF REPEATEDLY, 3 YEARS AND

SAMSUNG TV POWERS ON AND OFF REPEATEDLY
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 3 YEARS AND UNPLUGGED BUT NOT FOR FEW HOURS
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TURNS ON AND OFF TO FAST TO USE MENU
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: THIS IS SECOND TIME IT OCCURED AND WENT AWAY FIRST TIME
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO THATS IT

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand this is a fault in the Samsung's "Mainboard" - which processes the ON/OFF commands on the set (The clicking is a relay on the power board being turned on/off/on again by the Mainboard). This is a VERY common Samsung problem and one that requires replacement of this board to fix the set. Now, I can generally find the part needed for around $100 - and it's a "plug and play" board (meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it), or....alternatively a TV repair shop will charge closer to $250-$300 parts and labor depending on model. That being said, ARE you:

1) Able to get the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) Looking to repair the set yourself (which requires removing the back of the TV)?

If this is not something you're comfortable tackling, then the only thing on a user level you can try is to leave the set unplugged for several hours or more in the HOPES that this resets the processor, but in most cases even IF this does work, it's simply a temporary fix and the issue will come back. Ultimately to fix the set the mainboard does need to be replaced. If you'd like to setup a repair ticket at a shop, then you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further help with the question you posted?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I HAVE THE MODEL UN60F6350

Thanks, ***** ***** but I am unavailable by phone. A phone call will not help me post a link to where you can buy that board either, so I will be continuing on this page.

Searching to see if that board is available now.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT PART?

Please be patient, await my reply and then read before posting. I had posted:

The Mainboard can be purchased at the link below for your set for $110, and it is the one with all of the AV and HDMI ports located on it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-UN60F6350AFXZA-UN60F6350AF-MAIN-BOARD-BN94-06168V-BN94-06740C-/271994232689?hash=item3f541e9f71

To access it, you need to remove all of the screws on the back of the TV and then remove the rear panel. The board will then be exposed.

The connections to the board are simply plug-in wire harnesses, and then the board itself is held in place via several screws around the edges of the board. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.