Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

In the past few weeks I have noticed that I cannot change

In the past few weeks I have noticed that I cannot change the volume on my Samsung TV using either my Samsung or Direct TV remote. I also noticed some problems with the TV picture (image break-up) and periodic screen "freezing" while watching programs that were recorded on the Dirct TV DVR. I contacted them and they walked me through trying to re-program the Direct TV remote. After trying 66 versions of Samsung TV, the volume adjust problems persist. The Direct TV agent told me it was a problem with the Samsung TV. Any thoughts?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not sure of the age. Model type is MH01. Have not tried the unplugging suggestion.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We have TVs in our home. Volume adjustment problems have been noted on 2. We do not notice any problems when using Netflix or navigating to other sourcess.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Noticed the volume adjustment problem a few weeks ago. Not sure what may have been going on prior to this. We did notice screen freezes as a program on AMC was transitioning from commercial to the program being watched.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still reviewing the question?

Did you get my 2nd reply?

If not yet, let me repeat it here...

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TV type is Samsung. Model code UN55FH6200FXZA. Version MH01. Have only noticed these problems while viewing live TV programs or those recorded on Direct TV DVR. We have 4 TVs, each with it's own set top box but have observed these problems on the TVs used most often.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
unplugging now.

Sure, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TV is back on now. Volume adjustment seems to work using both Samsung & Direct TV remotes. Please note that this has been an intermittent problem which I was able to temporarily correct just by turning the TV off & back on. It will be hard for me to comment on whether your suggestion was a permanent fix or not until some time has passed. In my conversations with 3 different agents from Direct TV, none of them suggested disconnecting the power sources. I did notice that a software upgrade was made to my receiver in late August. I also remember seeing a message that Samsung's "Smart Hub" had done an upgrade in the past few weeks. I wonder if either of these interventions are causes for the problems I experienced.

Yes, both upgrades can cause the issue that is why I suggested to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to get them reset, I hope this will work and please take your time to confirm it. Reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.