Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It won't boot up. It's a Sharp Aquos LC-50UB30U. I've tried

Customer Question

It won't boot up. It's a Sharp Aquos LC-50UB30U. I've tried various start-up procedures. No luck. The logo scree n comes on and after about a minute, the tv turns off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it's a year or so old. Model No. LC-50UB30U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No menus at all. just the logo screen and then it turns off.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I et the tv to receive miracast and then this happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all i have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Does TV stay Off after logo screen or turn itself back On and repeats logo screen?

- If TV stays Off, does power indicator light on TV start blinking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it turns off. power light is off, too.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's been the case every time, no matte what procedure i try.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do i get it to work?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, does TV turn On again when press power button?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm getting TV symptoms/ info to troubleshoot the issue.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
even disconnected overnight.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info. Give me 5 minutes to type the answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Setting the TV to receive miracast has nothing to do with this issue and it would be just a coincidence, it seems TV firmware/ internal software has been corrupted for some reason that is why TV isn't booting up fully to show control menu options, picture etc and stuck in middle of boot up process then goes to standby mode. Main board of TV where firmware data is stored need to be replaced to resolve the problem.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then main board would cost around $100 or so and local TV tech may charge $150 to replace it. Please click following link to view main board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google to get replacement board price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-3650-0252-0150-main-board-for-lc-50ub30u.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome, I wish I had an easy or quick fix for this problem in TV. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.