Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I brought a tv ( Toshiba ) second hand the tv was brought in

hi i brought a tv ( Toshiba ) second hand the tv was brought in 2006 and there is a pin number code on it which i don't have and i cant fine tune the tv with out the pin number so i can changes it to a new one can you please help , the only number i can find are on the removed control which is ( ct-90263)

Hi Len and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Toshiba. It would normally be stenciled/printed on a name plate at the back and may be something like 42WLT66A.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry the tv in on the wall cant see the number i will take it down over the weekend so i can see it and will email you back ok

Appreciate the post back and you kind understanding.

Would look forward to an update over the weekend or when able.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
morning, the model number is ( 42wLt66a ) and it,s a regza Toshiba tv

Appreciate the additional information Len.

Please try the default password ***** 0 0 0.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi just try 0000 still no luck

Appreciate the update.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware or software/firmware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.