Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I get sound but no picture. It tells me to check source and

Customer Question

I get sound but no picture. It tells me to check source and connections which I have done. Baseball play offs are about to begin. I'm a Cub Fan. HELP
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 5 YEARS OLD. Where do I get the model number?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Worked fine last night when I went to bed. Turned it on a little while ago and this is what I get.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

Hello, Not sure what TV you have here, but it sounds like a reboot of the cable box is needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

Please shut the TV off, then unplug the cable box from power (pull it's power cord from the wall). Then if using an HDMI cable - remove and reconnect that cable on both ends making sure it's secure. Then plug the box back in and wait 2 minute, then turn the TV on and see if you can get the bootup info on your screen. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

If you're still having the same problem then please postback with the model number off of the back of the TV.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Nothing happened. Same thing sound no picture. No way will I pay $26 for a phone call for a tv problem I didn't create.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Playoff game about to start that I can't see on my $5,000 Samsung tv
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can anyone there help me now?