Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have an e421vo tv it popped and went dead i replaced the

Customer Question

i have an e421vo tv it popped and went dead i replaced the power board still now power i dont see anything wrong with the other board what do i do next
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: vizio 42"aprox 7yr
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: grandaughter was watching tv she said it popped and and quit i replaced the powerboard all though i didnt see any damage
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does power indicator light on TV lit/ blink when plug TV power cord in and press power button?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no, vizio light on front does not light up
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

OK, do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board to troubleshoot the issue?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the menu button when pushed nothing happens
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

Yes, typing an answer for you, give me 2 minutes please.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

I understand, if power LED/ light on TV doesn't lit when plug TV power cord that means TV isn't booting up form some reason. Since power board has already been replaced that means main board is defective, this board has main processor chip which isn't booting up to give picture, control menu options etc.

You would need to replace main board of TV OR EEPROM chip on main board to resolve the problem, please click following board supplier link to get replacement main board or EEPROM chip if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

Main board is one where all video inputs are located and EEPROM chip replacement needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what does eeprom chip look like
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

Its a small chip has 8 pins, please click following link to view the chip..

EEPROM chip size is smaller than finger nail.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 days ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?