Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a rca flat screen with built in dvd player and I put

Customer Question

I have a rca flat screen with built in dvd player and I put a dvd in it and now it wont work and I cant even get the dvd to come out. is there a way to reset it or somehow at least get the video out?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Brandy and welcome back. I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the RCA TV/DVD combo.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its model no. LED32B30RQD
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it had worked just fine and then I had tried to watch a dvd and literally the screen just went weird and then I couldn't get the dvd to eject and the tv now is not working and it hasn't had any issues before up until now.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

The prescribed approach is to open up the back of the TV, remove the DVD player for dis-assembly and manually extract the disc.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Let's try below hopeful workarounds (if have not been done) if the disc loading slot has no cover/flap:

• • pressing the STOP button on the TV's right side control panel (if available) for 10 seconds or more;
  • • unplug for an extended period of time, say an hour or more. Press and hold the EJECT button on the TV's right side control panel (if available) while plugging back in and powering on;
  • • using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
  • • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
  • • prep a stiff wire to form a half-a-hook like bend at one end that would then be inserted to snag the center hole of the erring disc;
  • • may have to try any.all of the above a couple of times; or
  • • consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.