Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have LG42LS4600=TA model TV and on channel 9 it has a

Customer Question

I have LG42LS4600=TA model TV and on channel 9 it has a scrambled scree and a message keeps coming up saying not on line or this program is scrambled and I cannot get it to run properly. is this a product problem or a broadcast and receiving problem ?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 days ago.

Unfortunately this will not be possible as your tvs internal tuner is not compatible with the new station formatting used on channel 9 and others, which use a special type of mpeg4 compression, which is a relatively new broadcast format. While it could pick up the station, it is not compatible with the mpeg4 compression used on these new channels. It cannot be upgraded, updated, or changed. This is a 2012 model, so lg ended all support for it years ago and would not be releasing any future firmware updates for it.

Other than replacing the tv, your next best option would be to hook up an external tuner instead. You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc. Example:

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open. Do you need more help with this?

If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.