Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung TV and just recently it has a message that

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV and just recently it has a message that appears on first the left side of the screen and then jumps to the right side and shows the following - Samsung - UN 32J5003 - Full HD - 1080P - Wide Color Enhanser, Connect Share Movie - HDM1, Series 5. It is very annoying and I have unplugged everything several times and have looked on the menu for something that I might do to change it but so far no luck. Can you help me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

It seems your TV has been set on Store Demo mode which is causing builtin advertisement and you would need to set TV to Home Use mode that will disappear all that annoying banners etc.

Please press Menu button on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Support Menu and select Use Mode and select Home Use option and press Enter/OK on remote, press menu or exit to close the menu, TV wont show that ads any more.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no support menu under the menu listings. There is search and browse - recordings, extras, settings and help and connected. I do not see anything under any of those that would allow me to select "use mode" ... what next
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, I am not paying additional -- I would think your support group could fix this
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

What options appear on screen when press Menu?
Do you see Setup menu option?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Phone call offer is automated, sent by website system and not by me as I have already explained it, feel free to ignore it if prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please find Support menu under Setup menu.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just listed what is on the menu -- there is no set up but a settings and help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, verbiage could be different.

Do you see Use Mode under Setting or Help menu?

Another way is to select TV as source by pressing Source button on TV remote then go to Setting menu and select Plug & Play option to run it, this will also give you Home Use option during settings.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
under settings are the following: display, preferences, video tv/radio, tv resolutions, captions, clock
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

This is odd, I'm looking at UN32J5003 manual and it should have following main menu contents..

Picture

Sound

Channel

Setup

Input

Application

Support

Does TV main menu screen show up above options?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have direct TV -- the remote does not have a source button on the remote. Not showing what you are saying. Any more suggestions?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

ah OK, please use Samsung remote that came with the TV to access in TV own menu, do not use directv remote.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I have the tv remote -- now what. I saw store demo but it will not let me move the control in the down way to change
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Press Source button to get input source list, select TV as source.

Then go to TV menu and select Store Demo and change it to Home Use, does it work now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
let me try
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sure, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No that does not work - if I go to source and hit TV then I only get a snowy picture and there is nothing else to hit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it -- but you have to go to tools in order to get to where I needed to be to turn off the demo thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I understand, while having snowy screen, press Menu to get TV own menu screen.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Excellent, glad to know the problem is resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?