Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

We bought a 58 inch Toshiba second hand and when the guy

Customer Question

We bought a 58 inch Toshiba second hand and when the guy dropped it off it didn't work. He only brought 2 of the screws to mount it so we used 2 longer screws that we had at home. But the tv still didn't come on. Is it possible to damage the tv by using the wrong screws when mounting it?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a 2014 Toshiba 58 inch
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No nothing works. Not even Input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This all happened today when we bought it and the seller dropped it off and left and then we discovered 2 screws were missing to mount it onto the stand
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn't think just putting in 2 longer screws to connect the tv to the stand could damage the tv because that is what the seller is saying. What form do I fill out??
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. It is possible? What type of screws did you use and did you feel any resistance when you were tightening them down?