Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

It is in store demo mode and I cant get it out! LG 65LF6100,

Customer Question

It is in store demo mode and I cant get it out!
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG 65LF6100
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes to both. The screen is in this mode in all feeds. Very annoying.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I bought at a discount as it had been used as a store demo.
JA: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.
Customer: Thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Your LG set is one that uses an E-manual that is located in the TV's MENU, so I cannot directly reference the steps you need to take.

However on most LG sets, the procedure should be similar to the following:

- Grab the remote, and press MENU
- Select OPTION
- Select INITIAL SETTING
- Select the language
- Select HOME USE
- Continue through the initial setup and press ENTER when basic settings are complete.

Please let me know if you are able to find settings close to these.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a LG 55LF61 model not 65. It does not have an option setting only caption. Is that what you meant?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

No that is not what I meant. Trying to pull up the model you posted now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Press MENU and let me know what options you find.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Aspect ratio
Picture mode
Sound mode
Sleep time
Caption
Multi audio
Energy saving
AV mode
Del/Add
USB device
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

you should normally have an option menu. But can you look through the menus for Demo and turn this off.

Can you tell me please if you can find this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it were there I would have long found it and turned it off. There is no "options" or
"Demo" nor instructions in the operations manual which downloaded anout this. I am an ex Xerox tech and work with computers. If the answer were there I would not have paid money for your expertise.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

No problem, I asked as it was never mentioned anywhere but no problem, I will opt out for another expert that you may be better suited to.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Since the manufacturer provided documents do not help, we can try walking through the menus. It appears you already tried the Q.MENU button but in this case we actually need to use the SETTINGS button on the original LG tv remote (not magic remote) and reply back with what you see at that level of the menu. Or if you see OPTIONS and then INITIAL SETTINGS, go through that process and select HOME use not store/demo.

If that fails to correct the issue then the Main board inside the tv needs to be replaced. We can help with that also. Here is one place to research/but the Main board (be sure to match the full model code):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=55LF6100+main+-kit

Let me know how that goes and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Did you find SETTINGS button? then Options > Initial Settings? Did you run through that process? Do you want to attempt replacing the Main board in the tv?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The answer was to clear all and reset it to the original unused state, then redo all settings. The first thing it showed then was home or store setup. Obviously Home. I missed the clear all setting, as this is the only place it gives you the two options as you reset everything.
Every one was telling me to look for these options without telling me to return the T V to original out of box state, and where to find this option.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

What do you think "Initial Settings" is? That is exactly what you are calling "original unused state" and "redo all settings". Exactly like we have been saying here.

It has been explained repeatedly that telling you exactly where the option is in the menu is difficult because all the documents provided by LG are severely lacking. That is why I OFFERED to walk you through the menus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There was no "Options" on the Menu. I could not find out how to get to the "Initial Settings". If I COULD have , I WOULD have. Please cancel my subscription. I will not pay any more money to you after this experience. All answers given me left me in the same state that I was at the beginning. I finally figured it out myself.Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hello , please do not give up yet , i believe i know what went wrong here and there is such a thing as OPTION , its just how to get to it that differs

Let me know if you want to do this