Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 55" Sharp Aqus and am attempting to hook it up to

Customer Question

I have a 55" Sharp Aqus and am attempting to hook it up to my cable box. I also have a 65" in another room that is operating just fine and the input from cable is component #1. How do I set the input to component 1 on the 55"?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Please get me the full model number of of the back of the Sharp.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Also, if using the "Component Video" jacks on this TV to connect the Cable Box to (which are RED,BLUE,GREEN,RED and WHITE RCA cables), then what exactly happens if you simply press the "Input" button on the Sharp remote and then try to select "Component"?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure why you're unable to reply, but if you cannot select the component input as I indicated above, then I will need the model number off of the back of the TV.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about the delay. It's a wall mount unit and I had to take it off the wall. Model is LC52LE830U and s/nis###-##-####
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Also, if using the "Component Video" jacks on this TV to connect the Cable Box to (which are RED,BLUE,GREEN,RED and WHITE RCA cables), then what exactly happens if you simply press the "Input" button on the Sharp remote and then try to select "Component"

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm simply asking what shows up on theTV screen when you use the INPUT button (Sharp remote) to select "Component".

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Can you send a reply back so we can proceed?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you cannot select component, then I have some other steps for you to try, but am relying on your communication to provide you with assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The input button gives me a menu of TV, HDMI 1,2,3,4 and component 1, video 1 & 2 and PC. The TV is highlighted and I can't scroll to any of the other options.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did get the component button highlighted and will get the rest of this put back together.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If using component cables, you don't have to worry if you accidentally ran a channel scan - it's not relevant and the INPUT button will still always do it's job. Reconnect the cable box using red,blue,green,red and white RCA cables to the COMPONENT jacks, then simply use the INPUT button to select COMPONENT. Make sure the cable box is turned ON first.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.