Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Backgrouns color is, no vloume control with the smart hub,

Backgrouns color is green, no vloume control with the smart hub, hard to turn on and off
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure of teh model it is a 55 inch ithink 4K, about 1 year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no the menu doesn't work, can change sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about a month, the TV has not switch from green backgroud to regular background today,
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think the smart hub is work very well.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise please ignore it.

Have these 3 issues all happened at the same time please?

Anthony

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Jack I have answered before you

not your fault we have site problems

Sorry folks , will opt out now

To the customer please reply back with this info

Can you get me the full model number found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Please reply when you are ready below please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not reciece text my phone is old,

No I mean text here not to your phone

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TV is 55 inch sam sung, mounted to wall

OK did all 3 issues happen around the same time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can not remove from wall to get model
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
about a month ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
smart hub does not work very well, turns set on some of the time, nothing else sees to function on the hub

Please re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.

We find software glitches within the box can cause this

Let me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post

Any issues let me know please

Thanks again

Anthony

How is this working out please??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to unplug everything. and let you know

OK yes do that and let me know we move on from the result of that check thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing chnaged, Back ground is still green,, picture and sound are present just with a green hue, the controls on the smart hub are inactive, volume control not oberating on smart hub or cable control, some channels don't come in only sound, other tV's in house work fine,

Is the set less than 1 year old please?

The way I see this is there is a bad chip on the mainboard particularly if you are having trouble with the smart hub, if the set is under 1 year old you have full manufacturers warranty let me know please exactly how old the set is

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, please note question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The TV is about one year only I believe we got it in February 2015

OK your out of manuf warranty I am assuming you do not have any additional warranty with this.....

If you are pressing the smart hub button you are pressing sets own menu but no go this is definetly an issue with the mainboard particulalry if the screen has a green cast as well do you have the full model number so I can check if there are any fault bulletins?will be on the owners manual OR the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok I will check when I have some help to remove the TV from the wall

Yes its going to have to come down anyhow let me know thanks

Seem like there is no blue, no blue will make the set appear green, its an oddball fault this, if you find a lead problem for that let me know I am referring to the leads that go from the box to the TV.

Also if you can swap inputs can you get another input in there like a DVD and let me know what that is like?

I haven't heard from you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Anthony, I got busy with other things, I did find the purchase receipt, dated 1/16/2016, so the unit is less than one year old and should be under warrenty. Do you have any information on how to proceed contacting Sam Sung.

Wow that is very lucky for you !

Yes samung you call 1-800-samsung or 1-***-***-****

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS