Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My HC500 Mitsubishi Project flashes on and off frequently.

Customer Question

My HC500 Mitsubishi Project flashes on and off frequently. It is extremely annoying. I used to think that maybe it was my amplifier/receiver but I think it is the projector. Have you seen this before?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 12 days ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to projector and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is a PS4 and Direct TV connected via a Harman/Kardon receiver. It appears it happens more after things run for awhile/projector warms up.
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the info.

We need to troubleshoot the problem to find out if it is projector's internal issue or problem coming from connected video source/ device.

Please connect PS4 directly to projector and check, do you still get same problem?

Does the picture flicker or projector power goes on-off?

Also, press menu button on projector remote to get its own menu screen, do the menu graphics flicker as well?