Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My LG TV lost picture, never happened before, yes, I did try

Customer Question

My LG TV lost picture
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: never happened before
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, I did try that.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yes the menu works
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: none. that is all
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 days ago.

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you

Can you please reboot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again, do the same with the TV at the same time let meknow if that has fixed it or not, right now there is no signal getting to the set from the box thank you.

Let me know

If all is well could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you the site will then credit me thanks again

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I rebooted the TV and my fios box by unplugging the power cords from both. When I re-plugged, I got a message, "Starting up Fios TV..." on the screen. Then nothing happened; my TV is still black screen only.

OK but you can still bring up the TVs own menu?

Have you checked the leads from the box to the TV?make sure they are home good, if its HDMI lead please replace it we have much trouble with those. If after doing that do you have another input to try like a DVD player?if so is that working?

I do at this point suspect the box is bad

Let me know please

We also have much trouble with satellite and cable boxes you may need to contact your provider to swap out the box, TV has lost the signal from the box,

Let me know please, you are viewing my replies thank you

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Can you please reply back so I know where we are upto with this??

I do have other appointments thank you and other customers waiting thanks again