Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have just bought a new 50" 2140p hd. I have it working,

Customer Question

I have just bought a new 50" 2140p hd. I have it working, but I cannot get it to fill the screen and I cannot get the sound right. my name is HJylton
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is brand new. pURCHASED IT TODAY.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is happened when I first turned it on after hooking everything up. Model no. is D50u-d1
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just need to know if I have it hooked up right.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Can you tell me what input you are using with the tv (cable/satellite box, dvd, etc)?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
All I want to know is how to get the aspect right and the sound.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the satellite box remote and look for a button that says FORMAT, ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv (WIDE button) as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both to find the right balance.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,