Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have a samsung model UN50ES6900F 50' smart tv, I just

I have a samsung model UN50ES6900F 50' smart tv, I just purchased a Vizio Model SB3851-DO sound bar, are they compatable? or do I need to return sound bar and get a Samsung?

Are you finding that the outputs from the TV will not correspond with the inputs on the soundbar?or you are confused about this angle?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I connected HDMI ARC cable on sound bar to the HDMI 1 (ARC) on tv, not getting tv sound, I did speaker test and it worked

OK that should work no problem, let me have a look at this and I will get back to you in 10 mins

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I prefer not spending an additional $26 for phone call

Just ignore the message and continue to text thank you

I just checked the specs and it says there is no HDMI ARC on this model soundbar?are you sure you have gave me correct model for soundbar?

Best input is TOSLINK optical then digital coax

Maybe wrong model for soundbar??

You can still use it but maybe through optical out on the TV to optical in on soundbar, anyhow let me know because now I am confused lol

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the port says HDMI ARC out, model number is ***** DO 38" 5.1

Ahh it may be me

I have CO version up,,,,,,be right back

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
found and connected the optical cable

Do you have a toslink optical lead?just to try to see if it works?

Does it work?

Vizio have not supplied a manual for this soundbar but I bet there is a setting you must do that I am not aware of to enable the ARC hdmi

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have been trying to find appropriate settings, find only external speaker setting. getting frustrated.

Is it now working?its a workaround for now but if you have the manual to the soundbar there may be an enable feature for hdmi arc

Is this with optical connected?is it working thsi way?if not what is wrong?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The optical is connected. Still nothing

It must be broken then the soundbar, you must get something via optical (assuming you have an input connected and running with sound)

Optical is ON all the time you should see an led lit on the optical output if its working

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There is no led. , I'm thinking there is some weird setting I'm missing. I may call Samsung support.

No weird setting seems like soundbar is bad if no led lit, I dont have the manual for the soundbar they have not uploaded it to the site so I dont know on that

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There is led on front of sound bar, it is on. I can run speaker test using remote and i get sound from all speakers

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Lisa.

Can you tell me what inputs you're using here with the tv (cable/satellite, etc)?

Initially, there are some other settings to check, can you try going into the tv settings menu, and look for an audio output format option, which I want you to set to PCM/stereo (not dolby/digital or auto), and let me know if that helps?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I figured the problem out. It was settings using the remote.
thank you.

That is what I was suggesting as well. I'm glad it is working for you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.