Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

AQUOS TV WON'T TURN ON. RED LIGHT FLASHES BUT REMOTER WILL

Customer Question

AQUOS TV WON'T TURN ON. RED LIGHT FLASHES BUT REMOTER WILL NOT TURN THE SET ON. TURN OFFANDGREEN LIGHT COMES ON FOR ON POWER BUTTON ON SIDE OF SET AND GREEN LIGHT COMES ON FOR 10 SECONDS & STOPS.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your AQUOS is, and have you done any troubleshooting yet?
Customer: 8-9 YEARS. ONLY AS PER INITIAL ADVICE
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NOTHING WORKS. THE SET WILL NOT TURN ON.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WORKING OK UNTIL TURNED ON THIS MORNING
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MODEL LC46D83X SERIAL NO ###-##-####DVD PLAYER & MYSTAR FOXTEL BOX. CAN'T TELL ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THE SET WON'T TURN ON.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info.

Does the power light on TV flash in specific pattern, for example one short blink then one long blink etc?