Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I HAVE A MODEL 40E21OU TOSHIBA TV. THE REMOTE IS TOSHIBA

Customer Question

I HAVE A MODEL 40E21OU TOSHIBA TV. THE REMOTE IS TOSHIBA CT-90302. IT DOESN'T TURN THE TV ON. IT DID FOR A WHILE BUT YOU HAD TO BE WITHIN A FEW FEET OF THE TV. IT WILL CHANGE THE VOLUME THOUGH. THE TV IS MOUNTED IN THE WALL SO I CAN'T GET TO THINGS BEHIND THE TV. IS THERE ANY QUICK SOLUTION?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you.

We need to follow a procedure of checks here beginning with checking the remote controls operation you do that by following this video (ignore the bit about repairing the remote)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs <<click

This check is just to verify if the remote is the problem if it is not we concentrate then on the TV, so please let me know the result of the check please.

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DID THE CELL PHONE CAMERA TEST AND THE REMOTE WORKS.

OK thanks for the check, you need now to reset theTV back to factory defaut in the settings menu can you do that?it will be termed either factory or shipping reset

Anthony

Have you carried out the reset please?

Do you still want help?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had some other commitment which took me away from my computer so wasn't able to follow up right away. In the meantime, I was telling a neighbor about the problem and he offered to check it out. He did get it working for now so I would like to cancel the order and have my $28.00 refunded. Even though your responses were prompt as far as we got, I am not tech savvy so would have had a difficult time understanding the various steps and procedures as we went along.So I would appreciate it if you would process the refund.Thank you!LeRoy DeVries