Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Remote wont turn on tv. When I turn on manually it will work

Customer Question

Remote wont turn on tv. When I turn on manually it will work the volume
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Daewoo dt 428ONH is tv and remote is daewoo
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No menu wont work only the volume
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since last monday. Went to turn off tv and the remote wouldnt work
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms would point to a fault in the mainboard of the TV (which processes the on/off, remote commands, MENU, etc.). In some cases this board has failed and needs to be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and functions normally using the remote. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 hours ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.