Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I replaced my 10 year old Samsung flat screen last year when

Customer Question

I replaced my 10 year old Samsung flat screen last year when the picture went out, after being told by a tech that it would cost more to fix it than to replace it. I purchased a new TV (a little over 12 months ago) and guess what? The picture has gone out again! My first TV moved from CO to Alaska and then to Washington. This one has only been in Washington and is a real disappointment compared to my first Samsung! I still have sound. Last night, I noticed a very small amount of no pixelated colors in the lower left hand portion of the screen and the picture was not the "quality" of normal, but could see the lines of dots. Today there is no picture. Is the TV worthless again?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: As I said, it's just one year old, a Samsung LED 6200, Series 6
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, the menu does NOT pull up. And NO, I DO NOT have problems with other TV's in the house - they are all working just fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started yesterday - no precipitating factors.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .