Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Comcast has just changed out the HD box and the picture on

Customer Question

Comcast has just changed out the HD box and the picture on the screen is now not in HD. They said I have to change the setting on the television, and I have no idea how to do that. I'd really like to have someone take me through that step by step, but my phone. The computer is in the other room. Tel. (617) 268 12 98.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: What?? I'm talking about the television.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I repeat: Comcast today changed out the cable box and the picture is not in HD. They said I have to adjust the television settings.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Can you tell me the make/model of the tv?
How is the new comcast box connected to the tv (what cords/cables)?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can we not do this by phone? 617 268 12 98.
It is a Pioneer Elite television. I have no idea what cords/cables are used. I did not install it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Yes we can do this by phone, but that is a separate feature from the initial chat. I've sent an offer for that, if you'd like.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not interested to keep paying more money for a conversation that will likely not solve the issue since I cannot provide information like what cords/cables are used. I am not a technician. So I will wait until Comcast comes back to talk with Pioneer Support and figure things out.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

The call is an optional feature, offered at your request.
We can continue here, but I do need some basic info, which I can guide you through: the model number is ***** on the back of the tv.

The cords are simple to look at the ports on the back of the box/tv where connected as they will be labeled - a single cord labeled hdmi, a set of red/green/blue cords labeled component, or a set of red/white/yellow cords labeled composite/video.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The 50" tv is hanging on the wall. I cannot get the model number. The box is on a cabinet that requires two people to access it. This is a Comcast problem--they made the mess, they have to figure it out. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

You're welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you need more help after working with them, feel free to get back in touch.