Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Has power but will not receive from the ggenie,

Customer Question

has power but will not receive from the ggenie
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 42pfp5332d/37 phillips plasma
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: ten yeears to 12 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it has always clicked a lot before coming on unless you turned it on with the genie only and also never turned it off other than the output from the genie
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it seems like the hdm1 cable is not really tight in
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask for more info (since I'm not there to see what you're seeing).

1) If you grab the Philips remote and press MENU, does the TV's own MENU show up?

2) Have you tried purchasing a new HDMI cable yet (these cables are digital and very prone to failure)?

3) Have you tried a basic reboot of the DirecTv Genie yet (pulling it's power cord and then plugging it back in)?

These things are all relevant, and if you have not yet tried a reboot (the most common cause of this issue), and also purchased a new HDMI cable ($15-$20 through Wal-mart or Best Buy) then those are the first things you will want to try.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.